Thursday, September 24, 2009

My new blog

For the longest time I have followed many great blogs (i.e. www.kimberlywilson.com/blog, http://taza-and-husband.blogspot.com/), and recently decided it was time to create one of my own. My intentions for this blog are simple: to share with others information I've learned or found to be helpful in my own life, and also to communicate and build relationships with like-minded people who follow my blog and would like to connect.

Recently I found myself in a work-out slump. Sometimes the best way to get yourself back on track is to work out in a group setting, if for no other reason than to have people who will hold you accountable. So I signed up for a 6 week boot camp (www.maxmotivation.com). It was just what I needed to fall back into my daily fitness groove, and on the days that I didn't feel like pushing myself I kept muttering the same words in my mind: "Keep moving forward." When I didn't want to run the last quarter mile, or do that last set of 10 pushups, instead of quitting I just kept moving forward. If you want to meet your goals in life and better yourself, you can't grow stagnant. It's important to always keep moving forward. It's as simple as that.

1 comment:

Katie said...

hey nikki! congrats on the new blog! i'll be keeping up with you... -katie