Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Can't live without it.

Peanut butter is a staple in my diet. Yes, I'm also fond of almond butter and the like, but whenever I decide to branch out I always seem to stick with peanut butter as part of my snacking routine, and sometimes at breakfast. I like many different minimally-processed brands, and prefer chunky and organic.

Peanut butter is not just delectable, but it's good for you, too:
  • Provides essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin E, Niacin, Phosphorous & Magnesium
  • Is Cholesterol Free and can help improve your HDL-LDL ratio
  • Contains fiber, offering about as much as ½ cup of broccoli
  • Good source of natural folic acid, an essential nutrient during pregnancy and in the prevention of heart disease

Thanks to one of my fave PB distributors Peanut Butter & Co. for the well-written stats.

My favorite peanut butter snack is--hands down--cold apple slices with chunky peanut butter and hot vanilla tea. I could eat it every day, and sometimes I do!

No comments: